Zhemgang is one of Bhutan’s greatest wilderness areas and home to more than 22 endangered animal species. It is an iconic destination for anyone looking to experience a rich biodiversity. Golden langur, Chinese pangolin, Malayan giant squirrel, Bengal Tiger are a few animals you will find here.
Apart from wildlife, Zhemgang is also popularly known for their practice of Bonism and for their bamboo craftsmanship.
Luxury accommodation is not available in the area but a few comfortable jungle camp lodging are offered.
- The Royal Manas National Park: UNESCO World Heritage Site for its wealth of biodiversity
- River Rafting: a thrilling experience along Drangmechu river, Bhutans largest river basin.
- Buli Tsho (Lake): A pilgrimage lake with a deity called Tshomen (Mermaid) Kuntu Zangmo, who bestows wealth, health and prosperity upon those who worship her.
- Hiking Trails: Various hiking trails to explore wildlife
- Duenmang Hot Spring: An hours walk to a famous mineral hot spring known to cure rheumatic diseases and several other illnesses.
- Sporting: fishing (catch & release), bird watching tours, butterfly tours, and bicycling.